Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Work in Progress - Painted Wood Box Feb 2013

Flashback to Childhood

When I was a very little kid I wanted to be a wallpaper designer.  I hadn't remembered this until I got the strong urge to design and paint a 3D object in a classic style and began the project pictured below.  When I got part way through outlining the flower motif on this sweet little wood trinket box it hit me like it was yesterday.  All of a sudden I was transported from my current work space back to my grandfather's cottage where I remember leafing through a sample book of wallpaper.

I couldn't have been more than 5 years old but for whatever reason I can picture the scene like it was yesterday.  It was a neat memory.  I'm starting the second box today and will post pictures soon.  In the meantime, here's a bit of a progress montage of the first one, which I plan to line with fancy fabric and also to add hand formed 'feet' to.



Has this ever happened to you?  Share your memories in the comments section if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, oh yes it will. :)